In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for the most trusted source for reliable, accurate information on OU Sports
Men's & women's basketball, baseball, softball and other OU sports
The place for discussion on topics not related to the Oklahoma Sooners
The place to buy, sell or trade tickets
You have no favorite boards.
With all the coaching vacancies today, I wonder who has stoops on their list. I don't think it would happen but it would be something to see Chip Kelly, Saban , and Stoops all leave for NFL in same season.
Don't want to Stoops to leave. yes to others.
stoops to cleveland
Just rumors, but both Brian Kelley and Saban are being mentioned for NFL job's.
If Saban were to leave he wants total control, or he wants an owner and GM that he knows.
I don't see Stoops going anywhere, his shot at UF went, his family likes Oklahoma.
I don't think he wants to leave. Also he isn't the hot guy that he was several years ago. Doesn't mean one of the teams won't call him.
Kelly to Philly would be very interesting. I would love to see how his offensive scheme would work in the NFL. I'm sure it would get tweaked some, but still would love to see it.
Email: email@example.com. Follow me onTwitter @TylerMccomas247
Bob is too sensitive with the media. He'd get ripped apart in the NFL
On this board you must agree with everyone or you're wrong.
For the following reasons, Bob Stoops is not going to the NFL anytime soon:
1. He has a really good gig at OU. Well-paid. Experienced staff. Gets to work with Mike. Annually meets fairly reasonable expectations of employers, President Boren and Joe C.
2. Bob's considered a really good college coach. He would be a prime target for any other college coaching job. However, he is not a "hot" coach for the NFL. He has never been an NFL assistant. The record for college coaches with no NFL coaching experience, jumping to the NFL and being successful is largely non-existent and dismal.
3. The time requirements for an NFL head coach particularly during the season are huge. We are talking about sixteen hour days. With the ages of Bob's children, he would want to be home more not less. Five or six years from now when his boys are gone maybe, but not now.
4. Consistent winning is a lot easier in college than the NFL. Only the most tenured coaches with established NFL winning records survive a couple of down years.
5. Bob has complete control of the program. You can count on one hand the number of NFL head coaches that presently have his kind of control.
6. Seven NFL head coaches have already been fired this year with more still to follow. Why would Bob want any part of that?
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by WestSooner on 12/31/2012 at 3:39 PM
I think Bob and Mike are really enjoying coaching together again and they think they can win a national title sooner than later. So, I think he stays for a while longer.
Wow!! Two down votes for talking about coaching rumors.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports