In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for the most trusted source for reliable, accurate information on OU Sports
Men's & women's basketball, baseball, softball and other OU sports
The place for discussion on topics not related to the Oklahoma Sooners
The place to buy, sell or trade tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1) We will be more appropriately ranked now. Still to high but more accurate
2) We are one game closer to some coaching changes that will happen some time in the future for whatever reason.
3) Josh is horrible as an OC, it's especially evident after this game
4) Our secondary was incredibly overrated, maybe they will recruit properly for the first time in 7 years.
5) We are one game closer to a season without Landry Jones
6) Sterling Shepard is a flat out stud
7) Sunshine pumpers will continue to make fools of themselves
I can't wait until I run into Stoops around town. Last time he clammed up. Maybe this time he'll argue back. Doubt it because he has no fire.
This post was edited by OUinLA 22 months ago
Hopefully he will be In Iowa soon
I only agree with Number 5. Landry killed us. Again. 4 years of I can't believe he just did that.
Shep looked great.
1. Early season polls are meaningless; obviously we were too highly ranked for the way we have played so far
2. I don't see coaching changes
3. How do you fault Josh? He didn't fumble to give kstate an easy touchdown or fumble inside the five to cost us a touchdown.
4. Secondary played well especially in run support
5. Unless he gets a magic 5th year
6. couldn't agree more
7. foolishness is in the eye of the beholder
Yeah, why don't you pick an argument with Bob; I'm sure your extensive coaching experience will put him in his place or, better yet, he'll put you on the sidewalk
Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond our control.
I agree on all accounts.
Did you not watch the LB's? Do we even have a LB coach or just a bro collecting a check. I'm gonna say a paycheck junkie.
Wow, just wow. I've been a Landry supporter for all this time. Tonight, he contributed in a major way to the loss. Ready for him to move on. Great person, average QB.
2) Coaching changes-----------really? Stoops would never make changes.
4) Secondary is the least of the problems. Linebackers are the issue. I have never in my life seen a more hyped player than Nelson. I break down film and "my God" this is not good. Wort is undersized and can't cover which is why he is starting. This is the worst LBs ever at OU. DT talent is at a low and DE is not special. Secondary is slightly above average at 3 spots in my opinion.
5) Agree- gets worse every year. Had perfect protection and runs right into the sack and drops the damn ball.
I completely agree with this... Am really tired of our Oline consisting of converted TE's and being undersized.
#4 is wrong. Defense is above average this year. Offense is, well, Landry. So it sucks.
I fault Josh because he is highly paid to make good decisions instead of crappy ones.
And Bob can kiss my Sooner ass. He's getting paid 5 MILLION FREAKING DOLLARS TO COACH. He laid a big-ass egg tonight. Hope he enjoys it.
do i take it you put bob on the spot????
Here's is one of the things that continues to baffle me. How is it that we continue to hear how big of a stud, star, and how the best player on our team is Millard and that he should get more touches? Then when we get into a game like this he barely touches the ball. I'm not saying this is exactly why we lost the game, but you would assume that the coaches would have added a few more wrinkles to the offensive game plan tonight.
I saw nothing new, and nothing that kept ksu on their heels. Not one screen? Not one shovel pass to Finch like we used to use with Griffin? No reverse using Shepard? How about a quick pass to a receiver and let the other receivers on that side (usually 2 others) block for him like we used to do? How many times did we try to stretch the field? Overall I was very disappointed and confused by what I saw transpire. I mean GOOD GRIEF, North Texas put up more points against ksu than we did. Obviously I'm not a coach, just a very ANGRY fan!!!
Trust me, Bob Stoops is one of the last people I'll ever be scared of. I've confronted him twice in public. 1st time I told him that he lost his edge and doesn't seem to care like he use to. He stuttered and said that we are making progress. I told him they aren't making progress they just beat crappy teams.
The next time some other guy was giving him the business, last season and Stoops kept saying he was sorry you see it that way. I told him Josh was not the answer at OC and he needed to start thinking as a coach and not as a friend. Several other people started bickering at him too. He said "it's not that easy". I laughed and watched him hide in his SUV.
Stoops put me in the sidewalk? This is Bob Stoops we're talking about, not a stud.
What is most amazing is that you appear to think it is a good thing that you've confronted Stoops in public.
Perhaps you think of it as a manhood thing or something. That sort of behavior is an embarrasment.
Whatever, the point is that all these people think that no one will ever stand up to a coach and I've seen it happen twice.
It's not more of an embarrassment than what Stoops is putting on national television. You are probably happy with his whiny and empty statements about improvement and accountability too. Meanwhile non-OU fans have been saying for years what the "doom and gloomers" (or realists as I like to call them) have always said.
You're a legend in your own mind.
So is Stoops
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports