In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 494
On this Board 38Record: 352 (1/30/2013)
Online now 2568Record: 4487 (2/14/2012)
The place for the most trusted source for reliable, accurate information on OU Sports
Men's & women's basketball, baseball, softball and other OU sports
The place for discussion on topics not related to the Oklahoma Sooners
The place to buy, sell or trade tickets
You have no favorite boards.
(OU Sports Information)
• With losses Sunday, Texas A&M and Oklahoma tied for second in the Big 12 standings and are even through four tiebreakers for seeding. The Big 12 Conference will determine the seeding for No. 2 and No. 3 by draw, its fifth tiebreaker, at 4:45 Central.
• Sooners Aaryn Ellenberg and Whitney Hand were honored in pregame for scoring 1,000 career points. Hand passed 1,000 points Feb. 21 versus Texas A&M and Ellenberg reached the mark Feb. 29 at Texas Tech. It was just the fourth time multiple Sooners have reached the milestone in the same season.
• Sunday’s contest marked the final regular season home game for Oklahoma senior Jelena Cerina, who started and scored OU’s first two points. The Sooners will host the first and second rounds of the NCAA tournament.
• Oklahoma finished the regular season tied for second in the Big 12 standings. The Sooners were picked fourth in the Preseason Big 12 Coaches’ Poll. It is the seventh consecutive season and 12th of 16 total that the Sooners have finished at or above their preseason rank. (There was no poll in the league’s first year, 1996-97).
• Ellenberg is No. 4 all-time at Oklahoma with 162 career 3-pointers made, trailing No. 3 Nyeshia Stevenson (2007-10) by five.
• Ellenberg scored a game-high 27 points. She matched a season high with 11 field goals and a career high with 25 attempts.
Matched season high FG, career high FGA
• Hand totaled 13 points and 12 rebounds for her second straight double-double and fourth this season.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports