• No. 16 Oklahoma (13-2, 3-0 Big 12) hosts Texas Tech (12-3, 2-1) Saturday, Jan. 12, at 7 p.m. at the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman, Okla.
• Chad McKee (play-by-play) and Dan Hughes (analyst) have the Sooner Sports TV broadcast call on FS Oklahoma and FCS Pacific.
• The radio broadcast with Brian Brinkley on play-by-play and Colton Coale as color analyst will air on KOKC 1520 AM and KREF 1400 AM in the Oklahoma City metro area.
• A replay of the game will be available to watch online at SoonerSports.tv following its live broadcast.
OU's Morgan Hook
TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR OU HOME GAMES
• Season tickets are available for a low as $119. Tickets may be purchased online at SoonerSports.com or by calling the OU Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-456-GoOU.
• Single-game tickets are available with prices beginning at $5 for general admission seating.
• OU students receive free admission at Oklahoma home games when presenting a valid ID.
• Oklahoma and Texas Tech are meeting for the 47th time.
• OU leads the overall series 24-22 and has won three straight and 14 of the last 15 meetings.
• The Sooners won both games against Texas Tech in 2012, 71-68 in Norman on Jan. 11 and 71-62 at Lubbock on Feb. 29.
• Oklahoma head coach Sherri Coale is 370-170 (.685) in her 17th season. She has been the Big 12 Coach of the Year four times.
• Kristi Curry is 121-90 (.573) in her seventh season at Texas Tech and 300-141 (.680) in her 14th overall.
• Oklahoma visits Iowa State at Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa, Tuesday, Jan. 15.
• Sooner Sports TV will have a broadcast of the game available on FS Oklahoma Plus at 7 p.m.
Oklahoma allows only 28.4 points per first half (scoring defense is 60.1 points per game), holding opponents to 34.3 percent field goal shooting (26.1 percent from 3-point range), while scoring 35.6 points.
The Sooners have held opponents to 25 or fewer first-half points in seven games and 30 or fewer in nine games. In OU’s two losses, UCLA and Vanderbilt both scored 37 first-half points.
OU is 10-0 when leading at halftime and 3-2 when trailing.
Joanna McFarland averaged 2.0 points, 4.0 rebounds (2-8 FG) before being benched after three games in favor of freshman Maddie Manning. In 12 games since, McFarland averages 9.1 points and 9.5 rebounds (started last six games). She has nine or more rebounds in 10 of those 12 games, and double-digit rebounds in six of the last seven games.
Since returning to the starting lineup in the last six games, McFarland averages 11.3 points and 10.0 rebounds.
Oklahoma has played just four true road games in 2012-13, but averages an 15.0-point margin of victory. The Sooners defeated Creighton in Omaha, 68-49, Hawaii in Honolulu, 74-49, Texas in Austin, 78-70, and TCU in Fort Worth, 95-79.
Oklahoma’s margin of victory away from the Lloyd Noble Center is even higher. The Sooners are 6-0 in away or neutral games with an average margin of victory of 17.0 points.
MS. INSIDE, MS. OUTSIDE
Juniors Aaryn Ellenberg and Nicole Griffin account for 40 percent of Oklahoma’s offense, and they score in different ways.
Ellenberg is the Big 12 leader in 3-pointers made per game (3.5) and 3-point percentage (.469). She ranks sixth and eighth, respectively, in NCAA Division I in the two categories. More than 57 percent of her points come from beyond the arc.
Griffin is OU’s most improved player and finds 70 percent of her points in the paint. Her 11.2 points per game is 20th best among Big 12 players and her .546 field goal percentage ranks ninth.
OU-TEXAS TECH SERIES HISTORY
Oklahoma and Texas Tech are meeting for the 47th time. The Sooners have captured wins in 14 of the last 15 meetings.
TWO ADDED TO ROSTER
The season-ending injuries to four players left the OU women’s basketball team with eight remaining on its active roster before the holiday break, but OU volleyball players Tara Dunn and Eden Williams joined the team Dec. 26.
Dunn (Poth, Texas), a 6-2 outside hitter, and Williams (Amarillo, Texas), a 5-3 defensive specialist, were both multi-sport stars in high school. Dunn was a Class 2A All-District MVP and All-State Tournament Team member.
Aaryn Ellenberg continues to ascend several Oklahoma career statistical lists.
Already have an account? Sign In