1. Deep in the HEART of Texas- Do the Steers vaunted, five-star recruits have any heart? Will these players playing for their 'dream school' play hard for four quarters for their embattled, beloved head coach against their arch-rival on national TV? Hmmm.
Damien Williams busted off a 95-yard touchdown run last year, and he'll be a part of the Sooners' ground game, which must move the sticks and take care of the ball.
2. Turnovers- Sooners make them and Texas gets needed momentum which equates to HOPE. Steers need HOPE. OU needs to play clean football. OU MUST play clean football.
3. Run game- The team that runs the ball most effectively wins. Simple theory. Texas has good running backs. Sooners do, too. Who will move the chains? Convert third downs? Comes down to Bill Bedenbaugh's guys getting better each week. Advantage Oklahoma.
4. Corey Nelson- Huge loss. Inspirational playmaker. The defensive QB. How will OU adjust? Will Texas use new wrinkles? Will OU get lined up properly without Nelson? Jordan Phillips hopefully will play and play with an impact. Sooners' up front defense will have their manhood tested. I say Jerry Montgomery's guys win the fight.
5. Rain- Same for both teams but a slick pigskin can be problematic. See point #2.
6. First and Fourth Quarters- Hopefully Sooners start fast and finish with a vengeance. Destroy Steers' will to win early in UT's biggest game of the year and then finish the game "angrily." Game decided later than experts think.
7. Blake Bell- Can be a difference maker in this game w/ legs but look for #10 to throw the ball downfield. A loaded box equates to man coverage which means that Jay Norvell's playmakers get opportunities. OU Receivers must play better than they did against TCU's outstanding secondary but Steers aren't Frogs.
OU 30 Texas 20
Jim Ross @JRsBBQ
Editor's note: Jim Ross is an Oklahoma native living in Norman. JR is a two time, New York Times best selling author, former NFL and XFL broadcaster, and a member of the WWE Hall of Fame. Check out JR's BBQ Sauces, Chipotle Ketchup, Main Event Mustard, All Purpose Seasoning and Beef Jerky. All are made in Oklahoma and available at the four, Norman Homeland stores and in Lawton at the three, Country Mart stores. JR's can also be ordered online at http://www.wweshop.com.